Monday, June 12, 2006

Crack is Back

I was in a pizzeria the other day, ducking out from the punishing storm outside. It's this packed little place on 22nd street called Maffei's Pizzeria and they've got some good cheeses mingling on their slice. Yum, melted dairy. Anyway, this Hispanic customer was leaning over the counter much in the style of a drunkerd slouching at the bar, hoping for an open ear. So, as this guy's waiting for his slice, he starts telling the pizza man that his lady left him but he's going to be just fine:

HISPANIC GUY: Yeah, man she just left me.
PIZZA MAN: You're wife left you?
HISPANIC GUY: She's not really my wife, but she left me.
PIZZA MAN: What the hell happened?
HISPANIC GUY: She's a crackhead, man.
PIZZA MAN: What!?
HISPANIC GUY: She left me for a crackhead.
PIZZA MAN: Why don't you just start doing crack with her? She'll come back.

Nobody can break it down for you like a dough stacker.

No comments: