Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vacation in the Abyss


It's been some time since I've last written. Well, that's because I haven't been out pounding the pavement and spreading my slime lately. I got close to the Nike thing, but the cigar must have gone to one of the thousand actors out there who looks like Beck and who likes to take my parts. You've seen them: little whispers of men, with moppy hair and farm-boy faces, who populate the Lower East Side and Taco Bell Commercials. Now, I'm of two minds when it comes to this new urban twenty-something prototype. First, I do kind of wish I was one of them. I'll admit it. But the thing is, my other personality wants to eliminate this race of bird boys. I'm comfortable with this dichotomy, though. Don't we all hate the things we wish to be? Yeah, there's that 70's French philosopher, Jacques Maria-Langley, who postulated that in order to find balance and flow in our lives, we must slay the beast of our dreams. He was married seven times, though, I think... which could have contributed to his stance. Maybe. (PICTURED: An image of my cold heart)

No comments: